(Watch our latest coverage on COVID-19 variants in the video player above)
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW)– There are five states on this week’s COVID-19 travel advisory from the Ohio Department of Health.
Those entering Ohio after going to states reporting positivity rates of 15 percent or higher are advised to self-quarantine for 14 days. The state asks people avoid traveling to the following: Iowa (26 percent), Idaho (25 percent), Kansas (24.1 percent), South Dakota (20 percent) and Mississippi (16.3 percent).
Alabama, Kentucky, New Jersey and Pennsylvania experienced reporting irregularities with the total number of tests performed during the past week so that means the state was not able to calculate an accurate positivity rate.
“It is intended as guidance and is not a mandate—please consider the information here along with other factors when making travel decisions for yourself and your family,” the Ohio Department of Health said.
What to do during self-quarantine
- Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever, as well as other symptoms including cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- If fever and/or symptoms develop, call your medical provider.
- Remain at home and avoid all in-person activities. This includes work, grocery stores and pharmacies, public events and public places.
- If you live in a home with other people who did not travel with you, stay in a separate room. If this is not possible, wear a face mask when you are in the same room and stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Do not leave home except to seek medical care. If you need to see a provider for reasons other than a medical emergency, please call in advance and discuss the care you need.
- In the event of a medical emergency, call 911. Indicate that you are in home quarantine for novel coronavirus exposure. Keep a face mask on until you are asked by a health care provider to remove it.
- Do not have visitors in your home.
- Do not use public transportation, taxis or ride-shares.
Suggest a Correction