| Sportsbook Wire
The No. 24 Kansas Jayhawks (15-7 overall, 9-5 Big 12) travel to meet the Kansas State Wildcats (5-17, 1-12) at Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kan., for an 8 p.m. ET tip Wednesday. Below, we analyze the Kansas-Kansas State college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Rankings courtesy of Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Kansas at Kansas State:Odds, spread andlines
- Money line : Kansas -1100 (bet $1,100 to win $100) | Kansas State +700 (bet $100 to win $700)
- Against the spread/ATS : Kansas -12.5 (-120) | Kansas State +12.5 (+100)
- Over/Under : 135.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Kansas at Kansas State: Three things to know
- Kansas rolls into this one on a three-game win streak and cover run since a 91-79 loss at West Virginia Feb. 6. Four days earlier, Kansas routed K-State 74-51 and covered as a 15-point favorite with the Under 133.5 cashing.
- Kansas State has lost 12 straight games, going 5-7 ATS during the skid. However, the Wildcats have covered each of their past three, all as double-digit underdogs.
- The favorite is 35-14-2 ATS in the past 51 meetings between these Sunflower State rivals with the home team going 19-6-2 ATS across the past 27 in the series.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM ‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!Bet now!
Kansas at Kansas State: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
Kansas 81, Kansas State 65
Money line (ML)
Kansas (-1100) will cost you 11 times your potential return, which is just not tenable. Over the long haul, if you played that bet 100 times, you could win at a 91 percent clip and still be in the negative. AVOID.
Against the spread (ATS)
KANSAS -12.5 (-120) is the play against its struggling rivals. Even though K-State cashed in each of the past three as a double-digit dog, it showed it had nothing for the Jayhawks in Lawrence just two weeks ago. The Jayhawks aren’t the same team they have been in recent seasons, but they’re still heads and tails better than the five-win Wildcats.
OVER 135.5 (-110) is the lean in this rivalry battle. The Over is 6-1 in the past seven on the road for Kansas, while going 10-4 in the past 14 games overall. The Over has connected in four of the past five for K-State, too. Yes, the Under hit in the first meeting, but the Over is 3-0 in Kansas State’s three at home, as it’s allowing 74.0 PPG during the span.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.