- Buy now, pay later specialist Uplift Inc. said it signed new travel brands and experienced a 72% growth in monthly transaction revenue in the 2020 fourth quarter. New clients coming online in the second quarter include Alaska Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Virgin Voyages, and Air Canada Vacations.
- ACI Worldwide Inc. said it and Gilbarco Veeder-Root, a fuel dispenser manufacturer, are collaborating on certifying ACI’s point-to-point encryption service for use at pumps.
- Ekata Inc., a specialist in digital-identity verification data, reported it added more than 300 clients in 2020, including processors Checkout.com and Klarna AB. Transaction volume grew 170% in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa region and 151% in the Asia-Pacific region, compared to 2019. Absolute figures were not released.
- Investment firm Sino United Worldwide Consolidated Ltd. said it has formed a New York City-based joint venture with digital-payments platform QQ Pay Australia to enter the peer-to-peer, business-to-consumer, and business-to-business payments markets in the United States.
- NICE Actimize launched WL-X, a screening technology incorporating artificial intelligence to help financial-services firms screen persons and payments against required sanctions lists.
- Blue Ridge Bank N.A. announced it is the first commercial bank to offer access to Bitcoin at branch locations. The bank, which is working with ATM operator BluePoint ATM Solutions and Bitcoin ATM software vendor LibertyX, said its cardholders can buy and redeem the cryptocurrency at 19 bank ATMs at both branches and off-site locations.
- Financial-services provider Populus Financial Group launched its Porte mobile-banking app, which works with a Visa-branded debit card. Supporting the product are MetaBank N.A. and NetSpend, a unit of Global Payments Inc.
- ATM networker Cardtronics plc said has agreed to grant surcharge-free cash access to users of Clair, an app that lets hourly workers get instant advances on earned wages. Cardtronics, which links 285,000 ATMs across 10 countries, recently agreed to be acquired by NCR Corp.
- PayByPhone Technologies Inc. said the city of Denver is expanding the mobile payment service to more than 6,000 on-street parking spaces.
- Mesh Payments, a startup specializing in cardless corporate payments, raised $13 million in a funding round led by TLV Partners.
- Marble, a digital wallet and loyalty platform that enables consumers to manage their insurance payments and details, said it raised $2.5 million in seed-round funding.
As consumers increasingly turn to fintechs rather than banks, money decisions and payments share are …